Osun is an inland state in south-western Nigeria. Its capital is Oshogbo. Osun is home to several of Nigeria’s most famous landmarks, including the campus of Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria’s pre-eminent institution of higher learning. English was introduced to Osun state – land of the great lamp – in 1998. The modern Osun was created in 1991 from part of the old Oyo State. The state’s name is derived from the River Osun, the venerated natural spring that is the manifestation of the Yoruba goddess of the same name. Osun is divided into three federal senatorial districts, each of which is composed of two administrative zones. The state consists of thirty (30) Local Government Areas, the primary (third-tier) unit of government in Nigeria.
It is bounded in the north by Kwara State, in the east partly by Ekiti State and partly by Ondo State, in the south by Ogun State and in the west by Oyo State.
The closest major airport to Ife, Nigeria is Ibadan Airport (IBA / DNIB). This airport is in Ibadan, Nigeria and is 82 km from the centre of Ife, Nigeria.
Need a place to stay, find numerous hospitality industries (Hotels) which are located all over the State.
Find shopping centers and malls, grocery stores, markets.
Where to Go
- The city of ile-lfe
- Oluminrin waterfalls, erin-ijesha
- Ooni’s palace enuwa, ile-ife
- Ife museum, enuwa square, ile-ife
- Obafemi awolowo university, ile ife
- Oranmiyan staff (opa oranmiyan)
- Osogbo arts and metal works
- Osun cultural festival
- Ataoja royal palace
- Museum of arts
- African heritage gallery
- Okonfo rao kawawa
- Suzanne wenger’s house and centre
- Nike centre for arts & culture
- Genesis gallery, osogbo
- Miccom golf hotels and resort, ada
Other Places of Interest
- The Mbari-Mbayo Heritage
- The Palace of Owa Obokun of Ijeshaland
- Idi-Baba Cultural Centre
- Adunni Susan Wenger’s Art Works Center, Osogbo
- Erinle Shrine at Olobu Palace, Ilobu
- Mat Weaving, Ipetu-Ilesha
- Obalufon Shrine, Ifon-Oshun
- St. Joseph Workshop and Craft Centre, Inisha
- Oja Oba Market, Osogbo
- Atamora Rock Scenery, Iwo
- Ayinkunkun nigba Waterfall, Oke-Ila
- Kiriji War Site, Igbajo
- Timi of Ede’s Palace, Ede
Find it in Osun
Hotels, Restaurants, Schools, Markets, Clothing, Banks